Thursday, June 26, 2008

These are a Few of My Favorite Things

Jackson's two truest loves are Dora (see I Heart Dora) and airplanes. He seems to be blessed with bionic hearing for airplanes, and loves to inform us when there is one flying over us, which happens a lot because we live about 10 miles from the airport. Matchbox airplanes are the best toys because they are tiny and portable. If we go out, I toss one or two in my purse and viola: instant party. Jackson's Pap-pap gives him an airplane each time he sees him, so we now have an ridiculously large collection of them. Every night Jackson sleeps with an airplane clutched in one hand, and his teddy bear clutched in the other. God help us if we can't find the exact airplane he wants ("I want boo [blue] airpane....Nooooooo!!! Uda [other] boo airplane! Uda boo airpane!"). Because of this, Matt and I are rather obsessive about making sure that airplanes always make it back to the "airplane box": Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I was in the middle of blowing half my paycheck at Target (a weekly occurrence, sad to say), when I happened upon.....


...that's right....DORA IN AN AIRPLANE!!!! His two favorite toy...in one! I snapped it up and hid it for a special occasion. The best thing about having a toddler is knowing that a two dollar toy like this will totally rock his world.

1 comment:

C. Beth said...

Great blog, Laura!! Funny and entertaining. I've bookmarked it.

Totally impressed that you can keep all the airplanes in one place. Organizing toys is way too stressful for me. Out of sight, out of mind, even if they are terribly unorganized. Ana would love that airplane box!!