Sunday, September 7, 2008

Ace of Cupcakes

If you've received baked goods from us recently, chances are you've been the unknowing victim...err...recipient of Jackson's hard work. I love to bake anyway, and now that Jackson loves to bake too, we've been having a ball. So far he's made strawberry cupcakes with strawberry frosting (this is what's pictured below), banana bread, chocolate chip cookies, and pumpkin cookies. The fact that he's not at all cautious when dumping ingredients in means that he makes surprising few errors (you know - pouring it all in with one confident flick of the wrist), but when errors are made, they are of massive proportions. There's no in between. So far our dishes have turned out fine anyway. Another plus: since he's in a picky toddler stage, he doesn't try to eat anything except a spare chocolate chip here or there. Matt and I still get to lick the beaters...

How do I turn this thing on?

My turn! My turn!
Ok Mom - What's next?
Do I have the next Chef Duff on my hands? Here's hoping!

1 comment:

C. Beth said...

LOVE the Kitchen Aid mixer. Aaaah, a thing of beauty.

Oh, and of course Jackson's cute too. ;)